Today I help coordinate my first wedding! I am so excited I can hardly sit still!! But before I dash off to review the proper way to cut the cake and to hand over the Bride, I wanted to share a few tips to planning a successful event. These are tips that I shared when I was training our Associated Student Body in college.
K eep organized
- Prioritize the tasks that you need to get down
- Write everything down
- Utilize tools such as teuxdeux.com
E xtend hospitality
- Hospitality is any time you meet someone’s needs. If we are not gracious and loving when we put on an event, then we are not doing it right.
- “Be hospitable to one another without complaint. As each one has received a special gift, employ it in serving one another as good stewards of the manifold grace of God.” ~ 1 Peter 4:9-10
- “We are not entertaining; we are sharing the love of Christ with others and are ministering to their needs with the intent of blessing their lives.” ~ Dr. Ennis, Practicing Hospitality
Y ou cannot rely on yourself
- Delegate responsibility to others. If you try to do everything yourself, you will only get frustrated.
- Rely on the Lord for strength, Philippians 4:13
S hoot big
- Have big dreams and ideas
- Be creative
- We used to say on ASB, “From bad ideas, come the best ideas.” Don’t be afraid to throw ideas out there! A not-so-great idea may inspire a fantastic one.
Have a great weekend, everyone! I am off to help some friends get married!