I was inspired by a friend of mine to try making a cauliflower pizza crust. These recipes are a great option for you if you are gluten-free and/or dairy-free. Although I myself do not have those dietary restrictions, I am happy to have something yummy to serve if I have a guest over who does. Since I was at it, I decided to try two different recipes. Here is what I thought of the recipes.
The first recipe is from Jessica Sepel – Health & Lifestyle Advisor. It is a non-dairy version of cauliflower pizza and it is super easy to make. (Click on the link below for instructions.) I really enjoyed this recipe.
- It had a delicious vegetable taste to it. It was almost more like a vegetable lasagna. So if you want to taste the veggies, I would recommend the non-dairy version.
- It was much less time consuming to make.
- If you are looking to imitate pizza, then this is not the recipe for you. It was not really a pizza crust consistency.
- It did not hold together as well. It fell apart when I tried to cut it.
The second recipe came from The Lucky Penny. It was very flavorful! My husband enjoyed this one a little more. (He likes taste testing! 🙂 ) In hindsight, I wouldn’t have put cheese on the top. There is plenty in the crust!
- This recipe will give you something that is more similar to pizza. So if you are gluten-free and looking for a substitute that seems like pizza, this is your recipe. The crust held together better and was more chewy.
- It is more flavorful.
- It is more work than the other recipe.
- It is not dairy-free.
Try them out and let me know what you think!